Solar Makes Sense Now
You may have looked at other solar energy proposals in the past but the economics did not make sense. However, the Retail Solar program is different than the proposals you previously considered. Retail Solar has teamed up with Ray Angelini Inc, New Jersey’s largest installer of solar arrays, to design and install systems which will be owned by you.
The Retail Solar program is structured to make money for you, not the solar developer. Under the Retail Solar program, you own the system and you receive 100% of the benefits - the Investment Tax Credit, Accelerated Depreciation, Value of Solar Renewable Energy Credits and Solar Energy Production.
The Retail Solar program generates a one year payback and produces a 40% return within five years. Solar makes sense now.
Solar Economic Benefits
- 30% first year federal investment tax credit. Can be carried forward 15 years.
- First year bonus depreciation of 50% of adjusted basis.
- 5 year accelerated depreciation.
- Production of electricity for approximately 20 years.
- Ability to sell Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECS) to New Jersey utility companies who must buy increasing quantities of SRECS or be penalized by the state.
(with 50% loan and 40% tax rate)
Payback as a Percentage of Cash Invested
- Year 1 - 103%
- Year 5 - 140%
- Year 10 - 160%
- Year 15 - 207%
- In PSE&G territory, PSE&G will lend 50% of the system costs. Loan is repaid by an assignment of SRECS over the 15 year life of the loan.
- AC Electric and JCP&L will buy SRECS for 15 years. They do not plan on providing loans.
- We have developed relationships with commercial lenders now willing to lend up to 100% of the system cost.
Solar Energy Systems
- Solar panels attach to mounting racks, which are ballasted to the roof. Solar panels typically cover 50% to 70% of a roof and can be moved so you can service roof and equipment.
- Typical load is 4-6 lbs per SF.
- Systems are designed to withstand high winds and snow loads.
- Limited maintenance required (which we can provide) and you will have access to a web based, real time monitoring system that will measure actual production during the life of the system.
The Next Steps
Contact us to learn more about the next steps and how Retail Solar, LLC can help you.